Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How do I handle an ex girlfriend who calls the cops on me when she gets drunk?

I broke up with this chick because every time we'd go drinking we'd get into an argument and she'd call the police and say I did something that I didnt. I never physically abused or hurt her at all. She'd just go all crazy in the head. So I broke up with her because it was getting ridiculous. I had not talked to her in a couple months and then I ran into her at a party and she threatened to call the cops on me again and said she'd make up this big story about how I beat her. (Which I never did). I'm afraid she will do it again and after so many times the cops might believe her. Is there anything I can do to prevent that?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    The only thing you can do is to not date crazy stupid vindictive women who will lie to the cops to set you up. I am willing to bet she was not educated, mature, polite, well spoken, and sophisticated the day you met her and you did not recognize this. Sleep with dogs and you get fleas.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/23/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes stay far away from her. She is crazy.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/31/2013
    Leonard J. Levenson | Leonard J. Levenson Attorney At Law
    225 Broadway, Rm 1804
    New York, NY 10007
    (212) 732-0522
    Go to the police and file a complaint against her for harrassment. Harrassment is a crime which happens when a person calls you or follows you after being told to stay away. The cops may not do anything but you will be on record if she ever calls the police again.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 1/29/2013
    George E Downing. Jr. | Downing Law Firm
    5700 Florida Street
    Baton Rouge, LA 70806
    (225) 924-1630
    You can try to file a restraining order.
    Answer Applies to: Louisiana - Replied: 1/29/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    The only thing you can do is stay as far away from her as possible.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/28/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.