Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How do I go about getting guns finger printed?

I've been charged with Violent Felon Poss / Tran Weapon. How can I file a Motion for Discovery? I really need to get them guns finger printed. It will tell the truth. I got myself in a situation with three cousins. It is my word against theirs. Thank you for what ever you can tell me.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Victor Knapp | Law Office of Victor Knapp
    125-10 Queens Blvd.
    Kew Gardens, NY 11415
    (718) 263-9000
    Your lawyer would need to: 1) Make a formal request that the police preserve and/or conduct forensic (DNA/fingerprinting) testing on the weapon; and 2) Obtain a court order directing that the police custodian of the weapon allow inspection by the expert (that you hire) for the purposes of conducting tests.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 8/7/2014
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Your cousins. Your family. You file the motion by filing the motion. The problem is you do not know what motion to file. So, retain an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 8/7/2014
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    If you haven't done so already, it's time to hire the best attorney you can afford. Discovery requests and motions are not that simple to prepare and argue to a judge.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 8/6/2014
    STEVEN J TOPAZIO | Law Offices of Steven J. Topazio
    10 Winthrop Square, Suite 4100
    Boston, MA 02110
    (617) 422-5803
    You or your attorney should file a motion with the court asking the Judge to order the commonwealth to have its ballistician fingerprint the weapons or if you have your own expert, ask the court for permission to have your own expert fingerprint the weapons.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 8/6/2014
    Jason Savela | Connell-Savela
    250 Arapahoe Avenue, Suite 301
    Boulder, CO 80302
    (303) 865-4545
    A good lawyer or public defender knows how to do this. I assume the guns are in the custody of the police. The police may test them for prints. The defense can hire a confidential defense expert in finger prints that can often take custody of the guns and attempt to get prints off of them. A request to the DA and sometimes a motion to the court are necessary. If it is early in the case, likely these will be denied until the police have a reasonable opportunity to test them. Good luck.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 8/6/2014
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.