Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How do I clear my name of a crime I was convicted of but did not commit?

In 1982 my brother and his friends robbed some gay people. I was not part of it. The arresting officer told my mom and I that one of her sons had to go to jail for it. My brother had been in and out of jail so it would have been worse for him. How can I expunge this criminal conviction off my record and clear my name?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    If this is your only conviction then you need to see a lawyer and find out if it is explainable. If it carried life as the maximum sentence then in Michigan it is not explainable.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/11/2013
    Seth L. Reszko | Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
    6235 S. Pecos Road, Suite 108
    Las Vegas, NV 89120
    (702) 727-7777
    You can file a petition to expunge the record. It would be very difficult to show you what to do in an email. I would recommend retaining an attorney if you are not sure what to do.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 1/8/2013
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    Robbery cannot be expunged. If you plead guilty, you would have to convince a judge that you lied the first time.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 1/8/2013
    Jared C. Winter | Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    385 Grand Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94610
    (510) 903-8090
    You can apply for dismissal under PC 1203.4 (if you're in California). You should hire an attorney to handle this.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/7/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    If convicted of the felony, the only thing you could try is filing for a governor's pardon. You need to contact your state's parole and pardon board for information, and will probably need to hire a lawyer to file the papers and appear before the board. Understand, it is very costly to do this, and the chances of success are very remote.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.