Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How do I beat a gun charge?

It has no fingerprints on it and they found it at the lot next to my house. I'm out of county now and I need help fighting this.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Anthony M. Salerno | Salerno Law Group
    306 Main Street
    Worcester, MA 01608
    (508) 795-1200
    There are a number of possible defenses you may employ successfully. I particularly like the fact that you were not found in physical possession of the firearm and there are no prints on the gun. The investigative report must be reviewed in great detail to ascertain if there are witness statements or other forensic evidence connecting you to the firearm. Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Gregory Casale | Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
    316 Main St, Suite 400
    Worcester, MA 01608
    (508) 752-7500
    If that is all the Commonwealth has, you have a good case. However, there is obviously more to it than simply finding a gun next to your house. You beat a gun charge by having a good lawyer and good facts. You can't control the facts, but you can control who you hire. Hire a good criminal defense lawyer. In fact, with a gun charge, you should be hiring the best lawyer you can afford. Many gun charges carry mandatory jail sentences.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Vincent C. Machroli | Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
    High Point Plaza
    Hillside, IL 60162-1949
    (708) 449-7400
    Schedule a consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney in the county where the case is. When the case is resolved to your satisfaction,you'll be glad you hired him/her.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    You need to hire a good defense attorney, if charged with the offense. The police need more evidence than finding the piece in the lot next door to you. They need probable cause to believe you committed the offense. A lawyer will be able to determine the best way of resolving the case, be it through, motions, plea bargaining or trial.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    46 Lovejoy Rd
    Andover, MA 01810
    (978) 807-6512
    Hire a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 3/11/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.