Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can we get a compassionate release for my father who is 70 years old and in a wheelchair?

My father was arrested and convicted on 2 felony DUIs. He was sentenced to 14 years total. He went to his parole hearing and for some reason they tacked on 2 years. My father was having serious health problems before he went in and is declining rapidly. He was being raped or sexually harassed and reported it, but they did nothing. He is on oxygen 24/7 and in a wheelchair. He has dementia, and one night, whether it was to kill himself or just to get away from the abuse of his cellmate he lit himself on fire. They put him in the hole without medical attention. We believe he also has cancer, but they will do no testing. There are nine children and several grandchildren that have appealed to his parole officer about a medical release, but all to no avail. We are looking for an attorney to get him a medical release, then a class action suit against the prison, but would be justly satisfied with a compassionate release. Please help us to let our father die at home.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Write to the governor. That person has the power to pardon your father.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 12/13/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Parole will do what they want. IF his behavior in jail is shit, which is why I suspect that he has an additional 2 years, you griping about him being old means nothing.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 12/13/2013
    Steve Freeborn | Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    33400 9th Avenue S. Suite 208
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 838-4477
    Sounds like you have exhausted your options. The fact that he got so much prison time, and to date, the courts have refused to release him, leads me to believe that the DUIs were very serious. Felony DUIs generally mean that someone suffered substantial bodily harm/injuries, or may even have been killed. If so, I can understand the "lack of compassion"; however, I am simply speculating as I no nothing other than what you have told me. I do not know what you mean by "class action lawsuit", however, based upon what you have told me, even if true, it would not qualify for that type of a legal action.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 12/13/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    Have all of the children and grandchildren pitch in an hire an attorney to seek your wishes, and know there are NO guarantees.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 12/12/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.