Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can one deal with a case if they are dealing with a conflict of interest style case?

I have a case I would like to bring against the entirety of the town that I live in. Through a series of unfortunate events, I'm facing defamation of character. I would like to bring this case against my town, however, after talking with an attorney, explaining my situation, the attorney said they could and will not represent me because it falls under Conflict of Interest. I'm not going to back down on this case and would like to know how one would get around this conflict of interest problem, be it an out of state attorney or some other means. Thank you.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Christopher G Humphrey | Law Office of Christopher G Humphrey PC
    P.O. Box 4216
    Cheyenne, WY 82003
    (307) 222-2448
    I would hire an attorney from within the State of Wyoming, but outside of your home town, then have that attorney move for a change of venue.
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 5/21/2013
    Randy M. Lish | Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law
    2155 N. Freedom Blvd.
    Provo, UT 84604
    (801) 235-9400
    Your best option is to get an attorney from a different town, who is less likely to have a conflict of interest.
    Answer Applies to: Utah - Replied: 5/20/2013
    Steve Freeborn | Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    33400 9th Avenue S. Suite 208
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 838-4477
    I have no idea because I do not know the facts of the case and the parties.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 5/20/2013
    Mel Dunn | Mel Dunn
    100 N. Center
    Casper, WY 82601
    (307) 267-7758
    Talk with another lawyer who does not have a conflict of intrest. There will be one in the same State.
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 5/20/2013
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    Conflict of interest implies that the attorney you contacted has represented the city. As long as you can find an attorney who does not represent and has not represented the city, you may hire that attorney. The other slight possibility is that conflict of interest is a polite way for the attorney to say he or she is uninterested or simply feels you have no case.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 5/20/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.