Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can I prove someone is innocent of a crime if I can’t afford a lawyer?

My brother got arrested for possession last night. He had given a buddy a ride in his car, and that guy's baggie must have fallen out of his pocket when he got out. When my brother got pulled over, the found the stuff and arrested him. I know my brother is clean, he lives with me and I make sure he doesn't touch any drugs (he has a history of abuse). He can't afford a lawyer and I can't afford one for him. But he can't go back to jail, he's getting his life in order. What can he do?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    Your brother may have a defense of unwitting possession if he can honestly testify that he did not know the drugs were in his vehicle. However, given his history, the jury may not believe him.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 3/4/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    If you and he cannot afford an attorney, have him ask the judge to appoint a public defender to represent him.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/13/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    If cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for him. That is all you can do right now.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/12/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Get a lawyer and fight the matter.? He did not know the dope was there and it was not his. Get a cor appointed lawyer anyway. Many of them are good.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/11/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Your brother should apply to the office of the public defender for an appointed lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 1/11/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.