Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can I get an extension from the judge?

I need to get an extension from the judge because I have medical problems and a mass that come up on my MRI or could I ask for house jail?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    What do you want the extension for. Arraignment? Court Hearing? Payment of fine or completion of community service? If you have an attorney, your attorney should be able to get you an extension. If you don't have one, you may want to think about hiring one.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 12/12/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    I would suggest you get a letter from the doctor stating what the problem is what sort of treatment is needed and when it will be over.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 12/12/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court to get the extension. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 12/12/2013
    John M. Kaman | Kaman Law Office
    360 Ritch Street Suite 201
    San Francisco, CA 94107
    (415) 630-3021
    An extension for what? If you have a minor violation, such as a traffic infraction or some misdemeanors, you should have no problem. If you are accused of murder I would not expect any extensions. After all they have doctors in jail.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 12/12/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.