Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can I find out if my record was expunged?

CPS asked if I had drug charges and I want to know if my record was expunged. Do I have to tell them about my past?
My granddaughter has been taken by CPS. I am the maternal grandmother. I went to prison (drug related) in 2010.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    Expungements would not work for CPS.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/21/2014
    Edward J. Blum | Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    3699 Wilshire Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 479-5322
    In California an expungement only dismissed the charge there is still a conviction for all purposes except employment.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/21/2014
    Robbi A. Cook | Law Office of Robbi Abrams Cook
    1330 Broadway
    Oakland, CA 94612
    (510) 208-5051
    Did you file a petition with the court to expunge your record? You can request a copy of your criminal record yourself from the Department of Justice by obtaining a "livescan" - it usually takes a couple of weeks to obtain the results. I'm guessing you don't have that much time if CPS is asking you questions. If one of your children is involved in a CPS court case, you are entitled to a court appointed lawyer to represent you. If CPS is questioning you for some other reason, I would advise you to speak to an attorney who is experienced in cases involving CPS. Look for an experienced "dependency" attorney in your area.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/21/2014
    Linda K. Frieder, Esq. | Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
    15615 Alton Parkway, Suite 450
    Irvine, CA 92618
    (949) 861-1432
    You would know if your case was expunged because you would have a court order dismissing the case. If you do not, your conviction is still a matter of public record.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/21/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.