Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can I find an attorney who specializes in defending petty theft with priors?

I have two priors. I think I need a good attorney to get me out of this. I live in northern CA.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    Do a local internet search for criminal defense attorneys, ask this service in its find a lawyer section, call the local bar association.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    The best advice I can give you is to consult with as many attorneys as you can until you find one that you feel comfortable and confident with. You may also want to Google "petty theft attorney, (your city or county)" and see who pops up. Good luck.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/13/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    It is called criminal defense attorney, and no one specializes in petty theft cases. Contact your local Lawyer Referral Service for names if you can't get referral from friends or family. BTW, what makes you think anyone can get you out of this? Does the DA have absolutely no evidence against you, do you have an airtight alibi, and can you be quite certain to win on that basis if you force it to trial? The police and prosecutors don't spend time and money arresting, charging and prosecuting cases only to drop them without a fight, and a reason to do so. If they arrest a person, they think they can convict them, and intend to do so.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/13/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    You need to find a criminal attorney. Criminal lawyers do not specialize in defending petty theft cases. You need an experienced lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/13/2013
    Jared C. Winter | Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    385 Grand Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94610
    (510) 903-8090
    There are many competent attorneys here on LawQA. Avvo is also a good resource. One of the best ways to find a lawyer is to call the bar association for the county you live in. Most bar associations have excellent lawyer referral services.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/13/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.