Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can I defend myself if I’m wrongly accused of stalking?

There's chick that lives by me and also works by me. She takes the same train as me and gets on at the same stop. So, basically we're out and about to and from the same areas around the same time. I kind of had a little crush on her but had never talked to her. One day I was trying to get up the courage to talk to her as I was walking behind and she abruptly turned around and said "If you don't stop stalking me I'm going to call the police." I was so baffled that I was speechless and didn't say anything. Now I do not know what to do.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 3/15/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    Remember that you have the right to remain silent. Just remember that before you open your mouth.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/15/2013
    Jared Austin | Austin Legal Services, PLC
    909 N. Washington Ave.
    Lansing, MI 48906
    (517) 614-1983
    Not much you can do if you haven't been charged. Just try to avoid her as much as possible and remember, that if you are charged it is the burden of the prosecution to prove your guilt. You do not have to disprove their claims or prove your innocence .
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Just do not have anything to do with her, she is paranoid and troubled.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Leave her the f*** alone. That should be easy. Get on a different part of the train. Wait until she is in the parking lot before you walk down the platform.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/14/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.