Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can I defend myself against my children’s father taking them from me without evidence of neglect?

In the first court proceeding, the father of the children got visits and didn't give them back and took me to court in Kentucky. He had only visits through Kentucky but lives in Indiana. I moved under extreme urgency. My current husband was abusive and used drugs. Took children away to my home state, Indiana, as well as the state two of my children s' father resides in so he has now more than ever more opportunity for visits. Also when I arrived to Indiana I notified their father and he still had visits on week. He seemed happy about it all in all but without notifying me prior he and his lawyer went to Kentucky and I was only on the phone during court. session. I did know of that date of court hearing by old attorney but she only arranged phone hearing because i just started job. I was informed it was not so necessary for me to appear that day. The surprise was their father got his visit and did give them back and was stating that I neglected them by not notifying him of the move and my places of temporary residence until I move to my own place. I just started my divorce and was in search of a job at the time of the move. By his court date he appeared ready to slander me as a parent and it was hard to listen. It was so unbelievable, vagabond a word they used of false meaning in this case making things up. For the judge to rule on such a case with me having no attorney and the first I've heard of neglecting my children. I have a dvd of the day I clearly didn't understand and disagreed the whole time with giving my kid to father. It went from I raised them their whole life to their father gets custody and I receive no visitation at all. The judge ruled and I had no attorney and (GAL) didn't question and look into the things as lies spoken that day. But my right to be represented by an attorney was not acknowledged and (RAL) had no time to do her job and the cabinet didn't have time to view the case either. It all happened in an hour. I lost both my kids over the phone with no attorney and no actual proof to be used as evidence.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney

There are no answers to the question at this time. Please check back with us later.

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.