Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can I avoid a first time shoplifting charge going on my record?

I'm a student. All I want is this off my record. It was 38 dollars. I refused to sign any papers at the store and no ID was shown. What are my chances?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    20% beating the charges, 80% convicted.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 5/3/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Go to court. Get a lawyer. Plead not guilty. See if the lawyer can set you up with a deal for not criminal record. What employer wants to hire a thief? Criminal records are forever.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 5/1/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Your question does not answer the question of whether you were arrested and charged. If so, you possibly will qualify for a court diversion program, which would not result in a permanent and unexpungeable conviction on your record. ?Consult with counsel and have him/her represent you in court.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 4/30/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Ultimately, sentencing depends on whether you're found guilty, your record, how serious these are in the court's eyes, mitigation, and allocution. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 4/30/2013
    Jared C. Winter | Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    385 Grand Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94610
    (510) 903-8090
    If they don't know who you are, you have nothing to worry about. I'm surprised they just let you go without taking any of your information. If that is true, you are very lucky.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/30/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.