Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How can an attorney help me fight a DUI charge if I blew over a .08?

I got pulled over and got charged with DUI. I was over the limit. I don't have much money for an attorney but my dad said I should get one. Won't I get convicted either way if I was legally intoxicated? Is there something an attorney can do that I can't to get me out of it?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Thomas A. Medford, Jr. | Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
    1629 K Street, N.W.
    Washington, DC 20006
    (202) 355-6457
    A conviction is not automatic and an attorney may be able to assist you to get into a alcohol diversion program.
    Answer Applies to: District of Columbia - Replied: 3/17/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    The attorney can file pre-trial motions challenging the stop, the field evaluations, and/or the proper operation of the breathalyzer machine. There are many things that can be done, or you can just roll over, and take the license suspension and months on probation. When you report to probation make sure you ask "how high" when they say jump, because you did not want to challenge the case.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Scott L. Anderson | Anderson Law Office
    4101 Sunset Rd
    Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
    (763) 422-8664
    Every case is like a snowflake and must be analyzed independently. An attorney can help in many ways whether you have a defense or not. The charge could be reduced, a defense could be found, etc. Contact an attorney asap because there are time limitations with DUI cases and failure to act within those could affect your potential for a defense.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 3/12/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    An attorney can get the evidence in the prosecution's possession, they can then determine the best way to settle the case, be it by plea bargaining, motions, or trial. You could be convicted of the offense and do jail time, or lose your license for a long time. A lawyer may be able to plea guilty to a reduced charge or sentence which will not be considered a permanent criminal conviction on your record.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/12/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    A good DUI attorney knows the rules, regulations and procedures regarding blood/breath testing, probable cause, field sobriety tests, etc. and may be able to get you a better deal than if you represent yourself. The choice is yours.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/12/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.