Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Does an alleged victim of an aggravated assault/domestic violence have a right to obtain all documented evidence?

My fiancé was charged with this crime even though it did not occur. Two witnesses told the arresting officer they had seen her hit me with a car she had been driving but I denied the allegations against her yet she was still arrested. In my copy of the police report, the witnesses’ names had been removed. Also, CSI took photos of my slip and fall injuries. Am I allowed to obtain copies of the photographs and witnesses’ statement forms?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    You will see it all at trial.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 5/15/2014
    Walter A. Shalvoy Jr. | Shalvoy Law, LLC
    10 Queen Street
    Newtown, CT 06470
    (203) 426-4409
    Your attorney should have access to the entire file. If the witnesses were minors they names will be redacted. Police have very little discretion in domestic cases.
    Answer Applies to: Connecticut - Replied: 5/12/2014
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Not right away. Maybe later if you are going to sue someone.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 5/8/2014
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    No you're not. That's why he needs to hire a lawyer, who will be able to obtain the documents for "him" (not you).
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 5/6/2014
    Thomas E. Gates | Gates' Law, PLLC
    651 Strander Blvd., Suite 209
    Tukwila, WA 98188-2953
    (253) 332-7899
    You will need an attorney to get this information.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 5/6/2014
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.