Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Do you have to have an attorney in a DUI case?

ILLINOIS: Do I have to hire a lawyer or can I just represent myself? I want to plead guilty and move on with it. I'm in Cook County, Chicago. If I have to have one, how much will he cost?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Eric J. Bell | Law Offices of Eric J. Bell
    180 N LaSalle St, Ste 1821
    Chicago, IL 60601
    (312) 377-8416
    If you have any respect for your future and your life - you will hire an experienced DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will revoke your driver's license. Additionally, a DUI on your record can have serious lifelong consequences.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/28/2013
    Carlos H. Davalos | The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos
    1608 N. 16th Ave.
    Melrose Park, IL 60160
    (773) 312-0234
    You don't need an attorney, you can proceed pro se. However, this approach most likely forecloses the possibility of obtaining a lesser to even an outright dismissal of the charge. n.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/26/2013
    Vincent C. Machroli | Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
    High Point Plaza
    Hillside, IL 60162-1949
    (708) 449-7400
    The judge won't let you represent yourself in a DUI case, DUIs are tricky cases because they affect your driving privileges. Spend the $1,500 or so to hire an experienced DUI attorney, and later you'll be glad you did.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/26/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    You definitely need a lawyer for a DUI offense, as jail is a possibility in many cases.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/26/2013
    Melissa Smejkal | Law Office of Melissa Smejkal
    1328 W 18th Street
    Chicago, IL 60608
    (312) 968-2479
    Yes, you have to have an attorney. If you represent yourself you risk losing your license and doing jail time.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/26/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.