Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Do police have the right to entire my home if I call about a suspicious guy loitering outside?

There's a dude who walks around outside my house all the time and I feel like sometimes he looks in through the windows. I want to call the police so they can at least scare him away. I have 2 small children and I do not want them scared by this man. I also do not want the police to come into my home for fear of scaring the kids.If I called, they wouldn't have to come into the house right?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    IF you call the police, you will not be talking to the police through the door, IF the police require that you open the door. If you are scared of everything, then you need to move to another neighborhood, or leave USA altogether for a place like Sweden. Good luck.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/19/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    No the police would not have the right to come into your home unless you let them.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/18/2013
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You should go to the police station or just talk to them on your porch.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/16/2013
    Jared C. Winter | Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    385 Grand Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94610
    (510) 903-8090
    No, they do not have the right to come into your house under the circumstances you have described.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/15/2013
    Steve Freeborn | Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    33400 9th Avenue S. Suite 208
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 838-4477
    Can't imagine why.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 3/15/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.