Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Do I need an attorney if I was caught breaking into a car?

Cops arrested me and my boy cuz we was breaking a window. I didnt take anything. My friend got caught with change they said he stole. Do I need a lawyer so I don't get time?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You are more than likely indigent and will get a public defender. If you have $2,000 you should retain a good criminal lawyer. You will probably end up with a misdemeanor criminal record which is much worse than a jail term as it will make it hard to get a decent job or the rest of your life. You should have run away and if you stayed and then left with him you are an accomplice to criminal mischief or other crimes. If you make poor decisions you will ruin your life.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/24/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You need a lawyer in order to work out some deal. DO NOT plead guilty right off the bat. Almost always something better can be worked out.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    Generally, you are at an advantage having an attorney. The sentence depends on priors, facts of case, the judge and prosecutor.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/24/2013
    Eric Sterkenburg | Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
    16478 Beach Boulevard, No. 329
    Westminster, CA 92683
    (562) 477-6940
    Any time a person is charged with a crime, they need an attorney. Your chances or getting the best outcome from the incident will be greater if you have a lawyer representing you from the time of first contact with law enforcement. If law enforcement officers want to talk with you tell them you will talk about the incident only if your attorney is present.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/24/2013
    Amber Lunsford | Amber Lunsford, Attorney at Law
    10100 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste 300
    Los Angeles, CA 90067
    (424) 274-1183
    Yes, you need an attorney. Theft priors can have a big impact on your life. Many attorneys offer free initial consultations. Take advantage of them and interview as many attorneys as you need to until you find someone you trust and are comfortable with.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.