Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Do I have a police brutality case if arresting officer kicked me in the face many times?

I was not resisting. Im a bigger guy, over 6 feet tall and the arresting officer was much smaller. I slipped while droping to the ground and while I was down, he kicked me 3 to 4 times in the face, causing my tooth to go through my lip.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    The officer will claim you fought with him, resisted arrest, or that you fell down injuring yourself. You need a video or witnesses to make a case.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/16/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes you may. You want to talk with a civil rights/police brutality lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/16/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    This is not a proper question in this forum. Consult with an attorney who practiced civilly, and consider a lawsuit for violation of your civil rights. Remember, you will face extreme pressure to drop your case, but a good civil rights lawyer should be able to steer you in a realistic direction, while pointing out the danger of proceeding, and its pitfalls.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/8/2013
    Jared Austin | Austin Legal Services, PLC
    909 N. Washington Ave.
    Lansing, MI 48906
    (517) 614-1983
    You may or may not have a claim as much more information is needed. Make sure you have a copy of the video, if any, and photos and medical and police reports regarding the incident. Then contact an attorney in your area that that police brutality and 1983 cases.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/8/2013
    Gregory R. LaMarca | Gregory R. LaMarca, P.C.
    5440 Merrick Road
    Massapequa, NY 11758
    (516) 797-8686
    It depends on whether there are any independent witnesses or video to support your claim. You may have a Section 1983 claim against the officer for unreasonable force.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/8/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.