Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can you go on vacation to another state or country if you’re on probation?

Want to take a trip and want to go to Mexico, but can I leave the country? If I can't go to Mexico, can I go to another state? Do I have to notify them or something? I'm in Alabama now.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Patrick Mahaney | Law Office of Patrick Mahaney
    8244 Old Federal Road
    Montgomery, AL 36117
    (334) 277-3974
    It depends. If you are on probation, most likely the sentencing court issued you a 'Probation Order' which may or may allow you to leave the jurisdiction of the court. You must read your court probation order carefully. If there are questions, you should contact your probation officer and request a written statement whether or not you can leave the court's jurisdiction.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 2/27/2013
    Randy W. Ferguson | Ferguson & Ferguson
    303 Williams Avenue SW Ste 321
    Huntsville, AL 35801
    (256) 534-3435
    Normally yes. As long as you report as required.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 2/27/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.