Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can you get your money back from the boarder portrol?

My money was taken from me as I was leaving New Mexico boarder check point. Now they are telling me I can't get it back.How can I go about getting my money back. What steps do I take? It was a little over $6000 dollars.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    They took the money as forfeiture proceeding. You need to retain an attorney
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 6/2/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You have to file a claim for the money. This should be done in the US District Court. Get a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 6/2/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Hire a civil attorney and file a lawsuit against that agency. Have you gotten a reason why they will not return the money to you?
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 5/31/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.