Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can someone really get charged with a crime that they didn’t commit?

My brother was stuck in a gas station when it got robbed and when the police came a woman in the gas station told the police the robber was talking to my brother so they arrested him. My brother said it was before the robbing and that he didn’t know the guy or that he was going to rob the place, that they were just casually chatting about beer by the beer cooler. Now my brother is about to be charged with accessory to the crime. Can this really happen? He really didn’t have any part in it.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    He can be arrested for the offense it doesn't seem that this is sufficient for a conviction. He really needs a good attorney. He is not a defendant but more likely a witness needed by the State.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/5/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Well they have to prove that he was part of the robbery. He needs a lawyer but the State has to prove that the conversation was not innocent.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/5/2013
    8040 ALLEN ROAD
    ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
    (313) 295-1280
    Yes, that is why we have trials and certain rights for the accused.? I have had situations like this in the past.? It is important he gets an attorney to represent him immdeiately.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/4/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    A charge is an accusation, and anyone might be charged with a crime, regardless of whether in fact he broke the law. Conviction requires proof beyond reasonable doubt.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 1/3/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    It can happen. Your brother needs to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding his arrest. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze his case and advise him of his options.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/2/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4 5
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.