Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can someone go to jail for threatening someone’s life?

This neighbor and I got in a fight because he was abusing his dog. I was polite in handling the situation, but he went nuts and started cursing at me, then telling me he knows where I stay and he's "going to get me". He is a known gang banger. I'm scared. Will the cops do anything if I call them? Can they arrest him for making those threats? Please help. I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I still will stick up for helpless animals. And I don't deserve that harassment.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    Call the police and report it.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/8/2013
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    A credible threat can be the basis for a criminal charge.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/8/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    If you feel threatened, file a police report. It will be up to the police to decide whether or not they will follow up on it.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/7/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    Yes that is a crime. It can be either a misdemeanor or a felony in CA. Report it to the police. They may treat it more seriously if they know him to be a gang banger.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/7/2013
    Amber Lunsford | Amber Lunsford, Attorney at Law
    10100 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste 300
    Los Angeles, CA 90067
    (424) 274-1183
    Yes, you can. You should report this to your local police department. Both the threat and the animal cruelty.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.