Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can someone by charged with cyber bullying?

There's a kid who makes fun of my all over Facebook. Its not just on my wall and messages to me but in his posts and posts he puts on other peoples walls. He is turning everyone against me and I think something should happen to him for being such a bully.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Jared C. Winter | Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    385 Grand Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94610
    (510) 903-8090
    That is not a crime. Just block him.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/18/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    There is no such crime, because you can always leave Facebook. It is a virtual world, not the real world.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/18/2013
    Amber Lunsford | Amber Lunsford, Attorney at Law
    10100 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste 300
    Los Angeles, CA 90067
    (424) 274-1183
    Yes. There are also possible civil remedies.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/18/2013
    Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq., | Law Offices of Jonathan Mincis
    131 Main Street, Suite 270
    Hackensack, NJ 07601
    (201) 342-5030
    I would speak to police and see if conduct borders on criminal. I do not have a direct Answer, but there may be grounds for a civil action for defamation/ libel. Instead of posting on here, you Should contact Your county bar association and see if they can refer you an attorney who may be experienced with this type of issue, i wish i could give you a more specific Answer but Hopefully this points you in the right direction, good luck.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey - Replied: 3/18/2013
    John Toivonen | Toivonen Law Office
    PO Box 15174
    Lansing, MI 48933
    (517) 402-5229
    The First Amendment protects the expression of ideas. However, making a false statement that tends to harm a person's reputation is defamation. Sometimes threatening to sue can get someone to stop making false statements.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/18/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.