Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can someone be criminally charged for molestation that happened 20 years ago?

I was molested by my brother 20 years ago. My sister was also molested. Our parents admitted to the court in 2012 that this did happen and they did not report the molestation and did not take any measures to make the abuse stop. Can they be criminally charged now?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    The statute of limitations has run in most states.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/17/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Statute of limitations will probably prevent it.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    It is possible, but unlikely. Make sure the person makes no statements.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 3/13/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Who molested you? And in what court did your parents admit to knowing about the criminal actions? You should talk to the police about this, there is no statute of limitations for molestation of children. It would help your case is you could get a transcript of your parents admission to knowing about this molestation, in the 2012 court appearance.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/12/2013
    Marshall Tauber | Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
    39520 Woodward Ave., Suite 230
    Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
    (877) 682-8237
    It is possible as there is no statute of limitations on most criminal sexual conduct (CSC) charges in the State of Michigan. It depends upon the evidence available, the attitude & resources of the prosecutors office in the County where the offense occurred & the attitudes of law enforcement '& the court.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/12/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.