Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can someone be convicted of abuse on emancipated child?

I didn't touch him and hes telling everyone I did. Can I be convicted of child abuse?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You could be changed with assault, endangering the welfare of a child, or harassment in Criminal Court, or child abuse in Family Court. You would then retain an attorney to handle the case.You must establish a rapport with your children and stet is very difficult because at a certain age they just do not listen and it is impossible to punish them or force them to do as you advise. They are likely to listen to their peer group or a mentor before a parent who has lost their confidence. That means getting an uncle or older person to talk to them and build a rapport so that the child might listen to that person or a counselor. Even a good lawyer can sometimes get through to a child of 16-21 who is at the rebellious age. If the child is 10-15 it is much easier to talk to them and turn them around and you have more control over where they go and what they do. There are many good books on how to handle problem children.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/19/2013
    Gregory R. LaMarca | Gregory R. LaMarca, P.C.
    5440 Merrick Road
    Massapequa, NY 11758
    (516) 797-8686
    The issue of emancipation is not an element of child abuse, therefore, if the proof is sufficient to satisfy the crime alleged, you can be convicted whether or not the child was emancipated.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/4/2013
    Juliette S. Levin | Juliette S. Levin, Attorney at Law
    2 Park Avenue, 19th Floor
    New York, NY 10021
    (212) 679-9895
    If the child is no longer emancipated it depends what section of the law you are being charged under.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/4/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.