Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can police record me in my house and then use the tape against me in court?

There was a noise complaint and 2 police came to my house. The one said he was recording everything while the other poked around. There were some people in my house that were arguing about something that may not have been 100% above board if you know what I mean. I ended up getting a ticket for serving alcohol to a minor even though I didn't give the kid drinks, he was just in my house. I'm worried about what the officer who said he was recording could have picked up from someone. Is this something I should worry about? Is it legal?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    It was all legal, if you allowed them in.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 4/23/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    I would have told them that they had no right or permission to record on my property without a warrant. Get a lawyer, maybe the tapes can be suppressed.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/16/2013
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    You were aware of the recording so it is legal. Your home so they can give you a ticket.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 4/16/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    It appears that you are potentially aiding and abetting various activities which are criminal in nature. I would take all of the details to an attorney and determine how to respond if there are additional questions or investigations.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/16/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    They would had to have had probable cause, unless you consented. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 4/16/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.