Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can the police impound your car from your property without a warrant?

My daughter is accused of leaving the scene of an accident. The police came and towed my car away that they say she was driving bc they say its evidence. I asked if they had a warrant, they said yes but wouldnt show it to me. What do I do?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    William R. Pelger | Pelger Law
    2108 West Street
    Munhall, PA 15120
    (412) 461-1900
    You need to have a motion to return property. I don't believe the car is the type of property that can be seized and kept as contraband. You need an attorney to do the motion.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania - Replied: 3/19/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.