Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can a person be charged for previous incidents before they were arrested in domestic violence cases?

My husband and I had been arguing loudly for a few days. On the day we stopped arguing the police came and said there were three 911 calls for domestic disturbance. We did not argue at all that day. When the police came, I freaked out because I had a warrant and I was also dead drunk. I gave a lot of false information pertaining to that day and I don't know why or what I said. My husband is currently incarcerated for multiple felony charges and facing 20 years they are saying. He is also tattooed from head to foot and looks like a total gang banger. He also has a history of violence and has three strikes. He has never hit me in the six years we have been married. The police said that he looks like the "type". He is definitely being discriminated against in more than one way. What can I do?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    There is nothing you can do other than hire an attorney to defend him.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/29/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    What can I do? Nothing other than hire him an attorney who can present and argue whatever defenses and facts there are. With those strikes, he is facing 25-to-Life if convicted.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/29/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.