Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I work on vehicles at a public service location if I have two DUI’s on my record?

I currently have two DUI charges on my record. I am also currently a mechanic at an auto body shop. I had heard that if you have a DUI, or prior DUI charge, you are not allowed to work on vehicles at a public service location. Is this true, is there any legal standings that dictate this?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Ernest Krause | Attorney at Law
    6805 Flamingo Way
    Sacramento, CA 95828
    (916) 422-6006
    If you are just working as a mechanic repairing vehicles, not driving them, why would the law restrict you from holding your job?? Could the law keep you from working as a janitor?
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/2/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You can work on vehicles, you just can't drive them without a license.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/2/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    I do not know of, but have not researched, that issue in Michigan. Generally is longing if you are not violating the terms of your parole or probation you are encouraged to work. If you are not allowed to drive, then you simply cannot do so.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/2/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You should hire a lawyer to expunge these priors.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/2/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Unless that is a rule specific to your state, I have never heard of that. You can work as a mechanic, but you cannot test drive vehicle after you work on it. You also cannot pull it into or out of the bay.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 4/2/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.