Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I withdraw my plea before I’ve done my sentence?

I had a freshly broken collar bone and wing and my arm was out of its socket still. The police arrested me without a statement from my girl for grabbing her wrist because the cop wasn't coming back he said. I told him I had the injuries and needed medical attention. He takes me to jail where the x-ray machine was broken for two years. The judge told me I'd been medically cleared and bail remained at twenty Gs. If I plead no contest and couldn't afford the classes due to no fault of my own, I just fax my unemployment report to my pd and he would appear for me and that's it. So he didn't and when I went back to court and reminded the judge of the deal she asked me if I had a witness. Can I withdraw my plea that I made under duress of torture? I plead no contest so i could get medical attention for broken bones.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    It is not simple. You would have to make a motion to withdraw the plea and show why it should be withdrawn. Maybe there was a court reporter or your plea was recorded on a cd you could get a transcript. If so that would help.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 6/30/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.