Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I sue the store that falsely arrested me and I lost my job?

I was arrested for shoplifting in a store that the company I worked for had a contract. The case was dismissed but I lost my job. Can I sue the store?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    If you got an ACD dismissal it does not mean you were not guilty, it means they gave yo a break. Even if you were innocent and you were falsely accused and arrested without probable cause, you could only get a lawyer to take the case if there were actual monetary damages or if you spent tie in jail. You can always sue in small claims court if you think they did something wrong.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/13/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    This depends on all the facts but the answer is maybe. Sit down and talk to an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/12/2013
    Dennis P. Mikko | Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law
    1020 Hastings, Suite 105
    Traverse City, MI 49686
    (231) 922-7374
    To provide a proper answer, all of the facts surrounding the arrest and subsequent dismissal would need to be reviewed. You should consult with an attorney who, after proper review, could advise you of your options.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/12/2013
    Gregory R. LaMarca | Gregory R. LaMarca, P.C.
    5440 Merrick Road
    Massapequa, NY 11758
    (516) 797-8686
    This is not a criminal question but a civil one. The short answer is probably, yes.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/11/2013
    Jared C. Winter | Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    385 Grand Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94610
    (510) 903-8090
    Can you sue? Of course. But I think the question you're really asking is whether you have a good case or not. That would depend on many factors and would require a lot more detail that what you have provided. Your type of question is not well-suited to be answered by free legal advice on the internet. Contact some employment law attorneys in your area and set up a consultation.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 2/11/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.