Submit ZIP Code

Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I report a theft of my legal medically prescribed marijuana or will I be arrested?

I have a script for MM so I am legally allowed to possess it. My question: if someone broke into my house and took my MM am I allowed to report it to the police? I know there is grey area here so I don't want to get in trouble but I also cannot just go refill my script already and I need it for pain and appetite management.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    It is a gray area and whether you want to bring attention to yourself as a marijuana user is a personal decision.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 5/5/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    I don't know where you live, in California there is no specific prescription for a certain amount. That can be theft, possibly burglary if it was taken from your house . I have defended some cases where the defendant was charged with burglary from the house, but the victims never reported the drugs just other stolen property.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/20/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    If your possessed quantity was within the legal limit which you are supposed to know, and that is what you report stolen, why would you get arrested? Go get a replacement card before you do, if that is what concerns you. Nobody can guarantee you what the police will do. Youll just have to take your chances.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/19/2013
    John W. Bussman | Rizio & Nelson
    1801 Parkcourt Pl., Bldg.
    Santa Ana, CA 92833
    (714) 505-2468
    I'd report it if I were you. It doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong here. If you were the victim of a crime, you should notify the police.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/19/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.