Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I press charges against my neighbor who I think is stealing from me?

We had some new neighbors move next door to us last month. Since they came slowly things have been missing from our backyard. It is the kind of house you can't see the backyard from the sidewalk but you can see each others yards if you're in either backyard. It is also pretty easy to hop the fence between the yards. I don't have 100% proof but I feel really sure. I saw one of the toys my son is missing in their yard and asked them about it but they just said their kid has the same toy. I'm calling BS. What is the best thing to do?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    You really need proof. Label/mark your things to identify as yours. Then you will know if you see something of yours in their yard whether it is yours.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/14/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    File a police report and let the police decide whether there is enough evidence to pursue criminal charges.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/14/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Hook up a surveillance camera and try to catch them and mark your property. Then you may be able to prove the case.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/14/2013
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    Buy a surveillance camera and point it toward their house.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/14/2013
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    I would report it to the police. They can take it from there.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 1/14/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.