Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I move out if I’m only 17 years old?

Hey I'm 17 and and I want to move out. I talked to a police officer and she said 17 is considered grown. Can I do that?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Technically no. But the police will not do anything about it usually.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 6/2/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    In Michigan yes you can as long as you have a place to live and able to support yourself.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 5/30/2013
    Mark A. Manning | Mark A. Manning, PC.
    213 Paw Paw Street
    Paw Paw, MI 49079
    (269) 657-3191
    You are not an adult until you are 18 years old, unless you obtain emancipation from the Court.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 5/30/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.