Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I leave the state while on probation to attend a wedding?

I know I can't leave the state on probation, but my niece who I raised is getting married out of state. Is it possible to get permission to leave the state? I have been in trouble in this state in the past. I don't want to bother my probation officer about this if there is no way I can go.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Whether you can go depends on your probation officer. So bother your probation officer.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 5/20/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You have to ask your probation officer about this and maybe even the judge. That is the only way.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 5/19/2013
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    The answer to your question is that if you do not ask thenyou cannot go. The answer is also even if the PO says no the answer is not really no unless the judge agrees with the PO. Ask early. See attorney
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 5/16/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Check your probation order, and if it requires you to get permission from your probation agent, then ask for it.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 5/16/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    It will be up to your probation officer as to whether he will grant you permission.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 5/15/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.