Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I leave the country if I am on probation?

I am originally from Munich, Germany (but I am an American Citizen). I have a lot of family that still lives in Munich and I was invited to a cousin's wedding ceremony. Am I not allowed to go?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Eric J. Bell | Law Offices of Eric J. Bell
    180 N LaSalle St, Ste 1821
    Chicago, IL 60601
    (312) 377-8416
    In Illinois you are required to get permission from the Judge who placed you on probation.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/29/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Doing so would probably require your supervising probation agent's permission. Read your probation order.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 3/28/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You have to ask permission of the court. They may grant it. Just ask.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/27/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    It depends on whether you are on formal or informal probation. Do you report to a probation officer or to the probation department in your county. If so, then you are on formal probation and must get permission from your probation officer or the probation department before traveling. If you do not report to anyone, then you are on informal probation and can travel as you please.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/27/2013
    James Smith | Law Office of James E. Smith
    7251 Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 300
    Las Vegas, NV 89128
    (702) 460-3765
    Not w/o permission from your PO.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 3/27/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.