Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can i just get probation for burglary?

If I plead guilty will I just get probation or at the worst - home detention? I have one other charge on my record from last year - possession (weed - not a lot). Will a defense lawyer help me get out of this better than a court appointed one? How much will he cost?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    Retain a good criminal lawyer in your area. I am an Avvo "10.0 superb" rated lawyer on Avvo who does criminal law. I know that most lawyers will charge $5,000 to take a plea and you will probably plea to the burglary. They do not reduce a serious felony and you might just get probation, or a year, or even a prison term.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/17/2013
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    If you are accused of committing a crime, you need an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    There is a possibility but I can't say more without having all the facts.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/13/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    While it is possible, it is probably unlikely. The prosecution does not have to agree to that anymore than you would have to plead guilty. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 3/13/2013
    Mari Morrison | Mari Morrison Attorney at Law
    PO Box 36783
    Birmingham, AL 35236
    (205) 982-8515
    You will probably be eligible for probation.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 3/13/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.