Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I go to jail for allowing my roommate to use my prescription medication?

My roommate was preparing for finals and asked me if he could have one of my adderall pills. I have ADHD and I have had it since I was 8 or 9 years old. I did not accept any money from him but I did give him one. I got a phone call several hours later that he had a panic attack from the stimulant, freaked out and drove himself to the hospital. Somehow the police got involved and wondered where he got it from, and he threw me under the bus. Now the police want to speak to me and I am clueless of what I should do.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Kate L. Mesic | Law Offices of Kate Mesic, PA
    1912 Hamilton Street, Suite 204
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    (904) 388-4030
    The first thing you need to do is to contact a criminal defense attorney. If the police want to speak with you, you will want to have an attorney present. If you cannot hire one now, most times it is best not to speak with them. Please understand that you don't have to speak to them. Without knowing more, it is difficult to suggest what you should do. The best would be to contact a criminal defense attorney in your county.
    Answer Applies to: Florida - Replied: 4/22/2013
    Larry Sandefer | Sandefer Law Firm
    4625 East Bay Drive, Suite 203
    Clearwater, FL 33764
    (727) 726-5297
    It is a felony to deliver to or give someone a controlled substance if it is not their prescription. It is the same statute as selling. You should probably talk to an attorney before you contact the police.
    Answer Applies to: Florida - Replied: 4/18/2013
    R. Jason de Groot | R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    Deltona, FL 32728-5775
    (386) 337-8239
    You should hire an attorney. Do not speak with the police at all. And never admit to having committed a crime on the internet.
    Answer Applies to: Florida - Replied: 4/18/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.