Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I go on an airplane if I have felony?

Will I be stopped at the airport security line because I have a felony for assault? Is this one of those post 9/11 rules?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    You may well be stopped and questioned more closely but there is no legal reason you would be prevented from flying unless you are on a no-fly list for some reason.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/15/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    A felony conviction will not affect your ability to travel unless you have an outstanding warrant or are on formal probation.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    Call that airline and ask, but there is no reason you can't fly within the country, unless TSA has you on no fly list. However, many other countries will not let you in with a conviction, including Canada. Check with the country's embassy.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    Probably not, but I don't know the no fly list rules. It may be a problem if it was a federal assault charge or in any way related to federal officials. It is generally illegal to leave the state without permission from your probation officer.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    A felony conviction will not bar you from flying. Depending on the age of your conviction and subsequent behavior, you may be able to get the felony vacated.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 3/14/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.