Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I get my wife to leave the family home if she is violent?

My wife had a drug problem prior to me meeting her. Over the last couple of months, ever since she lost her job, she's been drinking a lot. When she drinks, she gets extremely violent on a physical and emotional level. I came home the other day and my two daughters were crying because my wife was screaming at them. She also struck me on the side of the face multiple times.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Vincent C. Machroli | Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
    High Point Plaza
    Hillside, IL 60162-1949
    (708) 449-7400
    If she strikes you again, you should call the police so a police report is written up. You could either press charges against her or not, your choice. Once you get a copy of the police report, you can fill out a petition for an order of protection to be issued & file it at your local courthouse, & on the court date the judge could sign an OP which orders that she vacate the house.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/20/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Next time, file charges for domestic violence against her, and follow through with prosecution, indicating you do not want her to serve jail time, but to undergo drug and alcohol counselling, and if necessary, to go into a detox program as a condition of probation. There is no reason why you or, more importantly, the children, should be subjected to this violent behavior.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/19/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.