Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I get a hit and run violation dismissed if I gave all my info to the other party?

I hit a car in a parking lot in the morning. I parked and went to work. It was dark and I could not know which car I hit. After 2-3 hours I came back to see which car was damaged to put my info on but I could not find any car, but the person found me and I gave all my info but the cop gave me a hit and run violation. Can I dismiss it? I do not have any records except one speeding ticket. I am scared; I have not been in court before.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Since you gave all your information they may dismiss the matter.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/16/2014
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    It will not be dismissed on the it was too dark to tell which car I hit defense. You hit the vehicle and then left.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/13/2014
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    Hit and Run is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/13/2014
    Robert S. Evans ESQ | Robert S. Evans ESQ
    26 Court St Suite 1406
    Brooklyn, NY 11242
    (718) 834-0087
    If the incident resulted in only property damage not exceeding a certain amount, you are not criminally liable if you remained at the scene and exchanged all relevant information.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 1/13/2014
    Scott L. Anderson | Anderson Law Office
    4101 Sunset Rd
    Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
    (763) 422-8664
    You should contact an attorney in your area to assist you. Without knowing where this occurred or who is prosecuting it is hard to give any further info.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 1/13/2014
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.