Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I get a felony methamphetamine charge excused if I had no knowledge of it being there, and how so?

My boyfriend's apartment got raided and they found a needle loaded with methamphetamine. He was unaware of the needle being there and had no knowledge but they are charging him for possession. We were sleeping when the cops came in. Is there anyway we can get this charge dismissed? He has a long criminal history of felonies, but no drug charges in the past. If I claim responsibility (no criminal history at all) would it be taken from him since he had no knowledge? And what would happen to me if I was to take the charge?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Andrea Storey Rogers |
    P.O. Box 21686
    St. Louis, MO 63139
    (314) 724-5059
    Do not plead guilty to try and save your boyfriend. If your boyfriend has been charged with felony drug possession, he needs to hire a criminal defense attorney immediately.
    Answer Applies to: Missouri - Replied: 5/22/2013
    Eric Sterkenburg | Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
    16478 Beach Boulevard, No. 329
    Westminster, CA 92683
    (562) 477-6940
    Do not claim that the drugs were yours if they are not yours! 11350(a) Possession of a controlled substance is a violation of California Health and Safety Code Section 11350(a). Penalties for felony possession are 1 year 4 months, 2 years, or 3 years. A felony record will last much longer than your relationship with your boyfriend.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 5/21/2013
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    It might be better if you took responsibility, but I would want to talk with you about it. It may not make any difference
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 5/21/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 5/21/2013
    A. Bowden Houser | The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
    1007 Hargett Street
    Jacksonville, NC 28540
    (910) 333-9679
    If you really don't know anything about the meth, get the idea of taking the fall out of your head right now. If you don't know anything about the meth then it logically follows you also don't know what you boyfriends involvement was. You lying and claiming it was yours will only complicate things and possible net you an additional charge of obstruction of justice and / or perjury. At this point, he basically needs to consult with an experienced criminal attorney. Depending on the circumstances - a dismissal is a possibility. In any event, his apartment, his responsibility. Better for him to take the pinch since as you put it he already has an extensive record rather than tarnish your clean record.
    Answer Applies to: North Carolina - Replied: 5/21/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.