Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I get a felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor?

I got arrested for drunk driving and I blew a .18 on the BAC test. I read that if you're more than double the legal limit you're charged with felony drunk driving and that you'll be sentenced to a year in jail at least and maybe more. How can I get this charge reduced to a misdemeanor or better yet dropped?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Retain an experienced attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/9/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Drunk driving is not a felony in Maryland. However second time offenders might face two years in prison instead of one. People who offend three or more times might face up to three years in prison. It's up to the prosecution whether to reduce charges, perhaps as part of a plea bargain. You should seek a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Online posts are not confidential. If the prosecution were to somehow find your post, then they might try to use it against you as evidence.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 1/9/2013
    Edmund P. Allen Jr. | Law Office of Edmund P. Allen Jr.
    705 Second Avenue Suite #910
    Seattle, WA 98104
    (206) 262-0903
    DUI is not a felony in Washington unless you have four prior DUI's or someone is killed or seriously injured.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 1/9/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    Get an attorney now, you will be requiring aggressive representation.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/9/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    What you read is wrong. You need to hire a DUI specialist before you get fooled with more misinformation. And you better do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/9/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.