Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I get a DUI off my record without breath test?

I was pulled over and the cop asked me if I had been drinking. I said I decline to answer that. Do I legally have to answer if a cop asks me if I've been drinking? I didn't think so, but then he then said he suspected I had been so he said I have to do a breathalyzer. I said I decline that too. I was arrested and spent 40 hours in lock up. I have been charged with DUI but I don't think there's any evidence. What can I do to get this off my record?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    There is evidence. There is what the police officer observed. You cannot get anything off of your record until the case is closed. IF you are convicted that will be on your record forever and ever. Then you can tell potential employers, you decline to answer that when they ask you about it.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/12/2013
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    First, you have to beat the charge. A conviction for DUI is normally made based on the officer's opinion that based on certain factors that they were under the opinion that you were too impaired to safely operate a motor vehicle on the public highways. They need neither your statement or a breathalizer for a conviction.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/5/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    The cop will say that he smelled alcohol. If he claims that you were driving erratically then they have a possible case. You will be suspended for not taking the test. Get a lawyer. You need one.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/5/2013
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    Nothing if you are convicted. Keep that in mind if you are considering a guilty plea. Hire an attorney and fight the charges.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 1/4/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    You need to hire a lawyer to represent you. The officer needs only to believe, in his expert opinion, you were under the influence. He can determine this by the odor of alcohol on your breath, your speech, eyes, and the way you exited your vehicle and walked. Many people have been convicted under similar circumstances as you relate here.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/4/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4 5
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.