Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I get DUI convictions expunged if I have more than one?

I got my first DUi in 1995 and was going to look into expunging it but before I did I got a second one last year, 2012. Is it possible to get 2 expunged? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time after to do it?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    There is no expungment statute in New York, the convictions will remain on your record forever. You can get a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities to help you to get a job, license to do a job, or to get government benefits.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/9/2013
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    Here is no expungement in the State of Alabama. Even if DUI's could be expunged, the Alabama Department of Public Safety still maintains a separate record of the arrests and convictions.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/21/2013
    Cynthia Henley | Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    7626 E. Jordan Cove
    Houston, TX 77055-5053
    (713) 222-1220
    You cannot expunge cases if you were found guilty. Only if you were found not guilty or the cases were dismissed. Otherwise, they will remain on your record. Be aware if you were convicted on both of those cases, the next one will be a felony.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 1/19/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You can, but not yet. You need to wait until you are done with probation.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/17/2013
    Harold L. Wallin | The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin
    33 North Dearborn St
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 346-7730
    DUIs cannot be expunged in Illinois.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/17/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.