Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I get a domestic violence conviction expunged?

My ex wife and I got into an argument almost a decade ago and she called the police on me. I was charged but I have zero other charges on my record. I've never stolen anything or committed any other crimes. I was talking with my current wife about expungement but I wasn't sure if it is possible.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    New York does not allow expungment. Retain a lawyer to get a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/4/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    In Michigan anything over 5 years old, if the only conviction, can be expunged. You have to petition the court where it happened and then it is up to the judge.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    At present, there is no expungement law in the State of Alabama.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/23/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    Yes you can. Hire a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/22/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    You should speak with an attorney, it is a possibility that you could have the conviction set aside at this point given the facts presented.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/22/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.