Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I end my probation early?

I was sentenced to 24 months of probation and drug testing for a simple possession charge. It's been 16 months and I haven't had any incidents. Can I get out of probation early?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You can ask your lawyer to talk to the probation officer and judge but they will need a good reason like an out of time job to end probation.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/24/2013
    Maury Beaulier | Beaulier Law Office
    5775 Wayzata Blvd # 700
    Minneapolis, MN 55416
    (612) 240-8005
    You may always file a Motion seeking an early discharge from probation. However, you should have the support of your probation officer if you hope to have a realistic chance of prevailing in court.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 2/18/2013
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    46 Lovejoy Rd
    Andover, MA 01810
    (978) 807-6512
    Ask your probation officer.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 1/27/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You have to ask your probation agent. They may recommend to the judge to discharge you early.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    That depends on the probation officer and the court. It is possible to be taken off probation earlier. (Converting formal probation to informal probation)
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/26/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.