Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I contest my DWI arrest and charge?

Last Saturday night I was out drinking with several coworkers and then I took a cab home and went to bed. I had to be up extremely early the next morning to pick up my parents from the airport. On the way out of my building, I made contact with a portion of the front gate of the complex where I live. Shortly after I got home the police showed up to my place asking about me hitting the gate and then gave me a breathalyzer. I am only 20 and I blew a .04. What should I do now?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    Charges can be contested. In your case, if that is what occurred, it is advised you have an attorney. Do not make any statements. Exercise your right to an attorney and to be silent.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/20/2013
    Mark A. Manning | Mark A. Manning, PC.
    213 Paw Paw Street
    Paw Paw, MI 49079
    (269) 657-3191
    You need a good Attorney and a prosecutor who is willing to cut you some slack. You are under 21 hence the charge is Minor OWI. .02 is the normal presumption for being guilty. If you are fortunate an Attorney could try to get you a non moving offense for MIP.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/18/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    You issue is driving, at your age, which any any alcohol present. Get an attorney and try to minimize the charges and future damage.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/18/2013
    Timothy J. Klisz | Klisz Law Office, PLLC
    39111 W. Six Mile Rd.
    Livonia, MI 48152
    (313) 402-0853
    You are certainly guilty of zero tolerance bac based on your statements here. Get a lawyer on board ASAP. The more local the better.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/18/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.