Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I bring a gun in a locked case across state lines?

I'm moving from Indiana to Vegas and I'm taking a UHaul. I'll be passing through quite a few states, so wondering if I can legally bring my gun locked in a case with me? Will I get arrested if pulled over? Thanks. Leaving next week.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Have it in a locked case in the back of the U haul and unloaded and the bullets in a separate area.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/11/2013
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    I would suggest that you obtain a weapons carrying permit prior to moving.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/8/2013
    John Hugger | Attorney & Counselor at Law
    3002 Evergreen Parkway
    Evergreen, CO 80437-0877
    (303) 670-1043
    I do not do law in most of the states you will be driving through. You MUST unload the gun before locking it in the case to legally drive through Colorado, and have any shells or cartridges separate from the gun.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 1/7/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    If the gun is unloaded and in a locked case, and not in the passenger compartment of the car, you should have no problem in transporting it to Vegas. However, you should check with the authorities in Nevada about registration of the firearm once you arrive there.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/7/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    If you have a pistol and have permit, yes. Any other gun, yes. Highly advise all be in a case, and not within reach, and not loaded. Preferably, in the trunk or even the trailer.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.